Moving a piano is an arduous challenge. Not only are pianos heavy to raise as well as move, but you can also cause extra damage to your body, to surrounding objects, and the piano itself when you are unaware of the best ways to move the best from one place to another or a new home entirely.
If you plan to move a piano by yourself or with your friends, follow these simple tips that would get you through the whole process. It is important that you guarantee maximum safety at all times. If you are not sure about moving a piano, always seek out the help of a moving company.
- If you move the piano outside and load it on a vehicle, cover it in plastic to protect it during the action.
- Make sure the hinge is locked securely, and disassemble any bulky parts if necessary.
- Verify that the piano is supported from all directions so it has the maximum amount of support.
- If the piano has legs, ensure that all types of movements that you do do not stress or bend your legs.
- Equal balance weight is spread to every person who is moving the piano. If it gets unbalanced along the process, stop to bring back the balance and move again. Take this process gradually.
- Make sure the path is ready, and there are no blockages.
- Move carefully and slowly. Moving a piano without rushing is the best way to make sure neither the people or the item will be involved in an accident.
- You can use dollies designed for the sole purpose of moving pianos. This does not mean moving the piano will certainly be easier. It just means that it could make transportation a little easier.
Understand that by moving a piano yourself, you can place on you and others at risk. Just move a piano yourself if you absolutely need or can not afford professional movers.